We welcome exhibitors with an interest in writing equipment, stationery, and their usesincluding amateurs and first-timers. Exhibitors and sponsors must fill out the Exhibitor/Sponsor Registration Form.
- what sort of items can i show at my table?
- This is a special-interest, narrow-focus show. We welcome writing-related items only: pens, ink, pencils, stationery & paper, and related items (desk items, storage, ephemera, tools, etc.)
- how large are the tables?
- Tables are six feet by two feet in size (this is probably smaller than you think! Be sure to get out a measuring tape to get an idea of the actual table size.) You are welcome to book more than one table (we will assume that you want multiple tables to be side-by-side; let us know if you have another preference.)
- how much is the charge for a table?
- An $80 flat fee (plus $10.40 hst) will be for all tables. This will include linens and a reasonable number of chairs for each. We will be providing information as to exact table placement later, but you will be sent a floor plan with your location on it well in advance of the show.
- how can i pay my registration fee?
- Your registration fee can be submitted in the following ways:
- bank e-transfer, sent to: email@example.com. (Please contact us for a retrieval password for Philip.)
- a cheque, payable to “Scriptus Inc.” can be mailed to:
40 Rushbrooke Av
Toronto, ONM4M 3A9
Payment deadline is August 1, 2017 (although earlier is also excellent), and this will reserve your place. In case of cancellation, refunds are at the discretion of show administration.
- can i become a scriptus sponsor?
- Yes! Sponsorship details can be found here.
- when will i have access to the show site for set-up? and how long do i have for take-down after the show?
- Exhibitors will have access to the show floor on the morning of the show, at 8:00 a.m. on Sunday, October 29, 2017. Access prior to 10:00 a.m. will be restricted to those wearing show badges.
Take-down will be for an hour, immediately after the show closes, at 4:00 p.m. Specifics as to access points, including the elevator, will be provided to exhibitors closer to the date of the show.
- can i request a specific location for my table?
- Table placement is a very complicated thing, involving the needs of many, many exhibitors. While show administration will do their utmost to accommodate requests, they cannot guarantee a certain requested location, or even that you will have the same location as last year.
- can i have open ink at my table, for pen testing?
- Due to some ink spillage issues at the previous shows, any table with open ink will require a spill mat. Let us know by filling out the application form, and we will be sure to have one for you when you arrive.
- can i share a table with someone?
- We heartily welcome table-sharing, but cannot organize it ourselves. Feel free to make your own arrangements, and let us know how many badges you need.
- is there an internet connection available at the show?
- The venue provides free wifi access throughout the building, and hard-line connections in various places throughout the showroom. And the connections are fast and reliable enough for online payment services (we checked).
- will food be available at the show?
- There is an excellent cafe on the main floor of the library, as well as several restaurants in the immediate area. There are also areas within the library which allow for eating. The venue has asked that food not be brought into the immediate show area.
- will you provide badges for exhibitors?
- You will be given badges and lanyards upon arrival at the show. Be sure to wear it, both to allow early access for setup, and so that people will know who you are.
- i have larger items to bring on to the show floor. will this be a problem?
- The venue has a cargo elevator with an attendant which leads directly to the show area. It will be available at setup time.
- does the show’s insurance cover me, and what i have at my table?
- Scriptus carries public liability insurance, which covers accidents and injuries for guests at the show, and damage to the venue itself. However, this does not necessarily cover vendors and any items they may have with them on display. We strongly recommend that exhibitors carry their own insurance if this is a concern.
- i am a smoker; where can i go if i need a break?
- Smoking is permitted on the exterior balcony adjoining the showrooms.
- are there hotels in the area?
- There are a number of good hotels convenient to downtown Toronto. Feel free to make arrangements with any of them.