The success of an event like Scriptus often hinges on its volunteers. Because the show is non-profit in nature, volunteers are vital for it’s smooth functioning. If you are reading this, you are already showing your generous spirit, and we would like to thank you for considering volunteering at Scriptus!
The following form is designed to both help you to understand our needs, and to let us know how you can help. We keep all of this information confidential (although, with permission, we do publish the names of our volunteers in a ‘thanks’ page after each show). Please feel free to fill out the form and submit it. If you change your mind, or something happens that interferes with your Scriptus commitment, that’s not a problem. Just do your best to let us know prior to the show date.
Are you an Ontario high school student? Volunteering at Scriptus earns you time credits toward your volunteer time quota, required for graduation! Feel free to bring your time sheets for a signature at the end of your shift.
Volunteers will be provided with snacks, a garishly visible lanyard & lovely name tag.
Some of the volunteer tasks this year include:
- Load-In Volunteers: Helping our vendors in from the loading area and finding their tables is the first, important job of the morning of the show. Volunteers doing this will assist our vendors with their materials and distribute vendor packets that contain information as well as their identification badges. The vendors must have these badges in order to access the showroom prior to the opening of the show. We’ve had problems with customers getting in before the show officially opens and we’d like to have some control over this and allow the vendors ample time to set up.
- Welcome and Floating Volunteers: These volunteers will welcome, direct and answer questions from customers. We will have a table of maps to ATMs, maps to vendors, etc.
- Raffle Table Volunteers: Our central event of the show is our raffle. It’s how we keep the show free to attend and pay for the space. We have a fantastic lineup of items this year, including a generously-donated MontBlanc fountain pen. Volunteers will sell raffle tickets and for the draw at the end of the day – 1 ticket for $5, 3 tickets for $10 (cash only—money box and cash float will be provided). If you don’t know much about specific pens, not to worry! I will provide cards with information on the items for you to consult.
- Show Ink Volunteers: We have an ink that is made specifically for our show by KWZ. This will be our third year selling our show ink and if our previous years have been an indication, the ink is extremely popular and sells quickly! These sales are cash only and a money box and cash float will be provided.
- Show Pen Volunteers: If you’ve been following the Scriptus blog, you’ll know that Bexley is making a pen for us this year. There will be 150 of them and Square will be provided for credit card sales.
If you have any questions or concerns about volunteering, please feel free to contact our volunteer co-ordinator, Lisa, at firstname.lastname@example.org