An important question on everyone’s mind during Scriptus 2014 was: will there be a Scriptus 2015? Thanks to the overwhelming support of the show’s guests and exhibitors our raffle was a great success, and we can answer with a resounding “yes“!
We are happy to announce the list of winners of the Scriptus 2014 raffle:
- Steve Ward
- Edison Pen ensemble, courtesy of WonderPens
- Scott Hamel
- Stationery assortment, courtesy of Sevanti Letterpress
- Gerald Taylor
- Custom pen, courtesy of Appleman Pens
- Pepe Bakshi
- Parker Vacumatic, courtesy of Restorer’s Art
- Vivian Carter
- Marbled paper assortment, courtesy of Studio Robert Wu
- Chris Mitchell
- 12-pen portfolio, courtesy of Penchant
- Netta Starnino
- Stationery assortment, courtesy of Refinemark
- Mary McBain
- Waterman pen ensemble, courtesy of Laywine’s
- Tony Johnston
- Staedtler Premium Lignum pen ensemble, courtesy of Staedtler
- Angela Yeates
- Franklin-Christoph pen ensemble, courtesy of Phidon Pens
Those winners who have not yet collected their prize can pick it up at Laywine’s Pens & Organizers, any time during their business hours (verification information will be sent to each individual winner). Our heartfelt thanks go out to Peter Laywine and his staff for their help with this, and for their constancy in supporting Scriptus from it’s very genesis.
Our final raffle prize is back to fine stationery:
- Traditional Letterpress Stationery
- • Guaranteed fountain pen-friendly •
- • Printed using moveable type on an historical letterpress •
- • Six assorted greeting cards •
- • Two boxes of cards; “Thank You” and snowflake design •
- • One box of stationery printed with an original 1905 Waterman pen advertising cut •
Finally months of hard week are paying off. Scriptus is in just a few days and, from all reports, we have people streaming in from all over Ontario, from Québec, and from as far off as Victoria.
We have just a few final reminders for everyone:
- The fall time change is happening early Sunday morning. What better way is there to use an extra hour than in enjoying pens a&l writing?
- Public transit starts running at 9:00 a.m. That gives you a full hour to get to Scriptus!
- The parking lot on Asquith Av. is charging only $6 for the day on Sundays.
- Even though the Library proper doesn’t open until the afternoon, have no fear! The main entrance will be open to Scriptus attenders.
A great time will be had by all, and we look forward to seeing you there!
Your storage woes will be a problem of the past, with this raffle prize provided by Penchant
- Leather 24-Pen Portfolio
- • Handstitched stone-washed cowhide •
- • Zippered closure •
- • Divider separates both halves of the case •
Note: pens in photo not included in prize.
Metro Morning is now at 7:20 a.m., due to a last-minute change. Philip gets to sleep an extra hour!
For the paper lovers on Sunday we have another raffle prize. Robert Wu is one of the few artisans in the world who creates stunning traditional marbled paper. He has generously donated three sheets to Scriptus for the raffle.
Each sheet is a full 18″ x 24″, and is suitable for use in bookbinding, box-making, scrapbooking, and other paper crafts.
Another of our striking highlights is a custom-made ball-point pen by Chris Hughes, of Appleman Pens. Takes regular Parker refills; valued at $75.
Again, from our finest raffle temptations, comes a lovely package from one of our sponsors, Refinemark Print Design:
Prize includes a selection of our finest script products, including our limited edition “Scriptus Pen” card. Includes a stationery box, to hold everything. Total value exceeds $450.